Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Secret Dream Job

Do you ever get done watching a movie and find yourself laying in bed dreaming about being an actress? Or maybe it is smelling fresh snow and find yourself in a different world...
Well, have you ever thought about your secret dream job. The job I have always wanted is to be a mom, but I have a secret. I love watching plays and if I had been given the gift of a wonderful singer, my secret dream job is being on Broadway or SNL. That's right, I am a closet drama girl!
I often place myself on stage as my life is being unfolded through song...One night Marshall and I got tickled by only communicating through singing...that was also inspired by the Catholic wedding we had attended earlier that day...but for one afternoon...I was Aida. (My favorite play!)

Now you may ask yourself...well Lynne if you have a secret dream job, what is your husbands? Well, my dear friends, Marshall would like to be a race car driver. However, he does not enjoy watching NASCAR.

So, what would be your secret job?
Please note that this doesn't mean that you do not enjoy your job!

8 comments:

CrazyDeb said...

Interesting question! I have two dream jobs and they are very different. Caterer! I love to cook but not just for one so don't do it. Missionary - give me the chance to head to Amsterdam or England and I'm there. Maybe someday.

LOVE that you all sang to each other like that. You seem to have such a fun, sweet relationship. It's wonderful!

LaurieJo said...

Okay. Here's my dream job. Well, at least it used to be. I haven't really thought much about it since I got the other dream job of being mom. I would love to run a Therapeutic Riding Center like Cedar Creek http://cedarcreek.missouri.org/ for kids with disabilities. I keep thinking that this is the semester that I'll have time to volunteer at Cedar Creek and it never happens. Maybe this is the year...

Household Executive said...

my dream job...owning a designer clothing boutique. i have researched it heavily!

Unknown said...

Being a digital artist - photography and getting time to create fantastic digital images

I am a dramatic person by nature, but I can't sing. I have all the spirit but no voice. So I too am a broadway play in a straight jacket!

Just so you know..we are dancing this year to My Strongest Suit...I would rather wear a barrel, than conservative apparel...

sing it girl!

Bizzie B said...

My dream job...well that's easy...to be a mom, but I know that will happen one day so I have to choose something that I really don't know if I will ever get to do. I'm in agreement with Household Exec! Owning my own specialty boutique is my dream job. I was going to do it right out of college, until I found I wouldn't have an income for at least 5 years...it didn't really work out. Maybe someday...hey, maybe Household Exec and I can partner up??? =)

EE said...

LOL! I can totally see you on SNL!!
My dream job...a character at Disney World. I wouldn't even care which one.
A dream job closer to home...I'd say the Little Ceasar's dancer.
I have high aspirations!!!

EE said...

What is 1030M???????

Terri Steffes said...

Cute blog! I found you from my friend EE on Life Unscripted. She's a hoot and I knew if she recommended you that you would be great, too!

Dream job: food critic. If you saw me, you'd understand why.

Happy blogging!